UBC Fall Congregation November 22-24, 2023 - Commencement Ceremony Tickets
1st Round - Complimentary Guest Tickets - opens Tuesday, October 3, 12:00pm PDT and closes Tuesday, November 7th at 11:59pm PDT. This round is CLOSED.
We cannot guarantee two tickets for students who miss the deadline for reserving tickets in advance. There will be no exceptions for those who miss this reservation window; please arrange your guest tickets accordingly. Any unclaimed tickets from the first round will be added to the extra ticket inventory and distributed evenly in the Extra Ticket round.
2nd Round - Extra Paid Tickets - opens Thursday, November 9th at 12:00pm PDT and closes at 11:59pm PDT, the night before your Ceremony.
- Extra tickets will be evenly distributed based on the number of Grads and how many tickets are left in the system once the Complimentary Guest Ticket Round has closed. Please see the chart below to see how many tickets you are eligible to book for your ceremony. Please do not ask for more than the allotted amount- each grad will have access to the same amount of tickets for their ceremony to ensure fair distribution.
|Date and time||Number of Extra Paid Tickets Available for 2nd Round|
|Nov 22, 8:30am Ceremony 1||4|
|Nov 22, 11am Ceremony 2||4|
|Nov 22, 1:30pm Ceremony 3||1|
|Nov 22, 4pm Ceremony 4||1|
|Nov 23, 8:30am Ceremony 5||1|
|Nov 23, 11am Ceremony 6||1|
|Nov 23, 1:30pm Ceremony 7||1|
|Nov 23, 4pm Ceremony 8||2|
|Nov 24, 8:30am Ceremony 9||1|
|Nov 24, 11am Ceremony 10||2|
3rd Round - Day of Ceremony Paid Guest Tickets - begins at 12:00am PDT (Midnight) on the day of your Ceremony.
- Day Of Ceremony sales begin online at 12am (Midnight) on the morning of each Ceremony. Any unclaimed tickets from the previous rounds will become available with no promo codes or limits, on a first-come, first-served basis. If tickets are still available once the Chan Centre Box Office has opened for the day (1 hr before the 1st Ceremony of the day), those will also be available in person at the box office. Once tickets are sold out, there will be a Standby line created, in case any further seats become available. If no seats are available, guests may watch the livestream.
- This round is first-come, first-served and without limits. Your best chance is to act promptly at midnight, but there are absolutely no guarantees. Every Ceremony will have some tickets released, but they may go quite quickly if many people are trying to book.
Booking instructions:1) When you are ready to make your booking, enter your one-time-use access code in the Promotional Code box near the bottom of this page. Do not "test" your one-time-use access code - once you enter your code and click Go, your one-time-use access code has been used and will not work a second time. Only enter your promo access code when you are ready to complete your booking.
1st Round - Complimentary Guest Tickets (From October 3rd at 12:00pm PT until November 7th at 11:59pm PDT) : Your one-time-use access code is 23F, followed by your student number (eg. 23F12345). Do not include zeros at the start of your student number. Click Go. A blue bar should appear on top of the screen saying that the code has been accepted. This round has now CLOSED.
- 2nd Round - Extra Paid Tickets (November 9th at 12:00pm PDT - 11:59pm PST on the day prior to your ceremony date) : Your one-time-use access code is 23FX, followed by your student number (eg. 23FX12345). Make sure that you add the X after F- this access code is different than the first round. Do not include zeros at the start of your student number. Click Go. A blue bar should appear on top of the screen saying that the code has been accepted.
- 3rd Round - Day of Ceremony Paid Guest Tickets (begins at 12am (Midnight) on the day of your ceremony) : No access code required, no ticket limit.
3) Parking Passes. A pop-up may offer you the opportunity to book parking for your Ceremony. Click BUY to book parking or click CANCEL if unneeded. You must submit your license plate number. You may also book parking passes at a later date, see the parking section of FAQ below.
4) Create or login to your account. If you haven't purchased tickets with UBC Tickets previously, you will need to create an account. It does NOT link to your UBC CWL/SSC account.
5) Complete the order! The order is completed once you receive a six-digit confirmation number from our system.
6) Check your email. You should receive an email confirmation moments after completing the order. Be sure to check your junk mail or spam folder, as tickets sometimes end up there!
Please note: The Box Office is open Tuesday-Friday, Noon-4:00pm. Tickets may be reserved online at any time, if available.
You may email the Ticket Office with any questions or concerns specifically regarding your tickets. To inquire about your elegibility to graduate, changing ceremonies, changing your attendance status, or attending more than one ceremony as a double major, please email Grad Services for assistance.